Prince Andrew had been hopeful he’ll be able to come back into the Royal fold eventually, that hope has now been dashed by King Charles.
The Duke of York was reportedly left ‘bereft’ and ‘tearful’ after being told he would never return to Royal duties. He had stepped down from his royal duties and public life earlier this year due to his sex case with Virginia Giuffre and association with the convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
Prince Andrew however believed he could ‘still be of value’ as a working member of the Royal Family and had lobbied strenuously to resume his former roles. Unfortunately for him, those hopes were dashed in a meeting at King Charles’s Birkhall estate in Scotland just days before the death of his mother Queen Elizabeth.
A source told the Daily Mail, “Andrew was totally blindsided. He is utterly bereft. He always believed there was a way back.”
“Andrew was extremely close to the Queen and tried to raise the issue of his return to public life many times with her. On some occasions she would say mildly conciliatory things but most of the time she would change the subject immediately to avoid talking about it.”
Prince Andrew’s Sexual Abuse Allegations
“Naive as it may sound, he always had hopes of regaining his position as a senior Royal,” the source continued. “At the meeting, Charles told him that he can go off and have a good life, a nice life, but that his public life as a Royal is at an end.”
He was basically told, “You have to accept this.’’
“He came out of the meeting shaken. He is still in shock. He is completely lost and very depressed.”
The 62-year-old Prince Andrew has now lost all of his military titles and royal patronages and will be absent from next week’s Remembrance Sunday service at the Cenotaph.